Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Inaugural Post

ME.
I am Allison.I love the outdoors. I was raised in a really rural area of northern California and spent most of my life playing in tide pools, wandering around redwood forests, running around the local reservation and just generally being a crazy kid. About two years ago I started hiking again on a regular basis. I hike with my boyfriend Chris and our dog Jaxxson.

Chris and I are really great compliments to each other in terms of our outdoor style and experience. He's a former boy scout and is very much into preparation and planning. I'm a little bit more impulsive, but the knowledge I've gained of edible and medicinal plants, mushrooms, sea-life (and how to eat it) just based on where I live means I have some pretty good knowledge when it comes to being outside.

Jaxxson, well he's just himself.


WHY.
There are a few reasons why I want to start this blog. The primary reason is to help hikers, particularly people who are just starting and people who hike with dogs. I also want to help people learn about different types of edible plants, mushrooms, traps, survival stuff etc. Of course to tell stories, I really enjoy writing, and to show off some photography. My last reason for starting this blog is I think that one of the best things we can hope for in a capitalist society is getting paid for something you love. So I'm hoping that I can make a little money off the site.

CONTENT
My plan is to do several types of entries. Trail reviews, Product/Gear Reviews and Recommendations, Backpacking/Camp Food Recipes, Book Reviews, Tips and Techniques (including some primitive/survival stuff), and hopefully some guest content occasionally and anything else I think is fun or relevant (look out for an upcoming post on making a tiny freshwater tackle box).

No comments:

Post a Comment